What are the advantages of EVA film?
As a thermoset material, different from other thermoplastic interlayers available on the market, the chemical composition of the cross-linking EVA film allows the internal molecules to generate strong three-dimensional connections, thus ensuring an additional degree of protection for all architectural elements exposed to exceptional conditions, such as high temperatures, high humidity and extreme weathering conditions.
- High transparency
- High moisture resistance: EVA is more resistant to moisture than PVB at open edge. PVB suffers a high degree of delamination at open edge
- Good sound insulation performance particularly in the higher frequency range compared with PVB. Given its high degree of soundproofing this is the ideal product for noisy areas.
- High UV filtering: the 99% of UV filtering at 380nm wavelength is an indication of its suitability to protect from sun beams.
- Lower processing costs: EVA laminated glass can be produced in convection (e.g. Lamijet Convection) or infrared lamination furnaces (e.g. Lamijet 04-2c); these furnaces are small and accessible to small and medium-sized enterprises. Processing with PVB film requires a special temperature-controlled chamber and the glass must then be processed in an autoclave, an expensive and large machine suitable for companies with large volumes.
- Cross-linking rate > 94% (test result on STRATO® EXTRA CHIARO): EVA is thermally and mechanically stable, making it a material with a durability and stability well over any thermoplastic.
- 3D Reticulation: can also reduce the number of layers in a tempered glass reaching a 50% reduction in manufacturing costs Vs an Autoclave.
- Excellent compatibility with various insert media and easy lamination process with a wide variety of glass such as figured glass, tempered glass, curved glass, etc. as well as with inserted materials like fabrics, wood, perforated sheet metal and others
- Good adhesion, strength, stability and physical properties to various kinds of substrates ranging from glass, metals to plastic films, etc.
- Excellent durability against heat, moisture, UV, etc.
- EVA is hydrophobic, has a three-dimensional cross-linked structure
- It displays high long-term reliability also under severe conditions in outdoor uses
- Easy handling, processing, high productivity and reliability
- Good impact resistance over a wide temperature range /humidity /UV/ aging
- Excellent durability and stable optical performance
- Easy storage and handling